The Tanjung Tuan Light House was built in 1817 and is the oldest in Malaysia. It is 1,180 metres tall, and first used petrol to radiate light in 1907.
This lighthouse was initially built entirely of wood but has been restored and rebuilt with stone and is equipped with a lighting system that meets international standards. Visitors would be able to observe the sea bordering Sumatera across the Straits of Melaka that span only 24 kilometres. For safety reasons, the lighthouse is closed to the public.